TechSpot

Computer crash random many times a day..

By Flandersh
Apr 12, 2008
  1. Hey!

Have read some of the previous post about system crashes and so here, and thought to ask here.

My computer have the last weeks crashed more and more often, now up to 10-15 times a day. Sometimes with bluescreen, other times without. And it will not start if it is under 15-20 Celcius in the room. I dont know what its wrong with it, and wonder if any here can go through some minidumps and share they thoughts.

My computer specs is
    Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop
    Intel Dual Core 2,0 Ghz
    80 Gb 7200 RPM HD
    Samsung 1024 Mb DDR2 Ram
    Ati Radeon X1400 256 mb graphic card.

I attach a zip with 4 minidumps from the latest bluescreens.

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,268   +92

Minidump 041108-01:

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, edfb9354, eb499160, 0}
    Probably caused by : aswSP.SYS ( aswSP+6354 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Minidump 041108-03:

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Minidump 041208-01:

BugCheck 1000000A, {9481e008, 2, 1, 80522cfd}
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiReleasePageFileSpace+55 )

Minidump 041208-02:

BugCheck 24, {1902fe, ebbdb5ac, ebbdb2a8, f73a9c69}
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption

The file aswSP.SYS was commonly referenced within your dumps, and I believe this is tied to Avast. If you have Avast installed, remove it from your system. If your blue screens continue, update your PC's drivers and test your RAM with Memtest86 for a minimum of 7 passes.

3. Flandersh

Flandersh TS Rookie Topic Starter

I installed Avast yesterday, after removing Comodo. So dont think avast is the wrong. Cause i had the same problems before i installed it... i have ran Dell diagnostics (without starting windows) on ram without getting any wrong. But it hang after all memorytests was finished. Have allso updated all my pc drivers from dell support site.

Can i run memtest without removing any of the ram modules? (Dont want to open my computer and touch hardware, without help so).

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,268   +92

Yes, you can. However, if don't let it frighten you :). Removing and reseating RAM is about as easy as playing with Legos. If your RAM checks out okay, I would try replacing your video card next.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.