Computer crashes to black screen

Hi, I got this new HP computer for christmas its the HP p7 1451, with 10gb of ram, 2TB harddrive, 512 intergrated video card, my problem is, just yesterday I was chatting with a friend on skype, and my computer somehow crashed, I restarted it, but it loaded into windows 8 like normal but pass the login screen, it crashed again and it turned into a black screen, I have no clue what happened, and I couldnt save my info in time, even the recovery manager in the HP partition couldnt let me save my info, so im letting it do a full recovery, but if windows 8 crashes alot how can I install windows xp on this machine, it keeps giving me a stop and pci sys error with the blue screen, I need a step by step of how to configure bios or should I allow the windows 8 to be reinstalled, I cant afford the recovery disks from HP, and my parents to bought me the pc, dont know about the crash. The motherboard is a MS-7778 if it helps I tried to install xp like I said.

The computer has to be under warranty... Call HP support and find out what your options are

Back