Computer crashes when using Vipre software

I have been having issues with my Dell XPS 15 crashing when I have Vipre Antivirus open. I attempted to change the settings on my vipre program a couple of weeks ago and the computer screen freezed. I was forced to reboot my computer b/c I was not able to get out of this program with CTRL-ALT-Delete. I thought I might have malware on my computer so, I downloaded Malwarebytes and booted my computer in Safe Mode with Networking and Malwarebytes did not find anything wrong. I checked to see whether I updated everything, and all the updates for Windows, Adobe, etc... have been done. I had Dell check my hardware on my computer and everything passed. Therefore, I tried troubleshooting the problem with Microsoft and they no solutions for this problem.? I have noticed strange things happening to my computer. For instance, I loose my network connection periodically or certain programs have disappeared in my start menu ? Also, my computer has been slow at times when I am scanning with vipre. Can you help me ?

SBAMSVC.exe, Application Error Faulting application

I discovered it is an application error causing my computer to crash. According to the logs, it always vipre involved when my computer crashes. I tried removing Vipre as you had advised however, I am having a terrible time getting this program off my computer ?

Uninstalling Vipre

Yes, that is right. I can not seem to uninstall vipre completely. Why can't I remove this software completely ? What should I do at this point ? I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Possible Malware

I completed a deep scan with Malwarebytes and the scan results indicated that my computer was not infected unless Malwarebytes must have missed the malware on my computer. Therefore, I checked my computer with the Microsoft Security Scanner and no viruses were found. In the MSINFO, the only thing I was able to find is an application error as I stated above in my previous message. However, I did find a couple of files I am not sure are ok. One file is audiodg.exe.mui and another file is quickset.exe. However, when I did a couple of deep scans, nothing was detected. Does Windows have double file extensions ?

Take your time and follow the instructions carefully. Copy the combofix program to your desktop and ignore any "disable Vipre" messages. You may have to ignore this twice... Malwarebytes is marginal at best... You have a Malware infection or the remnants of one still affecting your computer

Back