Computer crashes while running full screen application

Status
Not open for further replies.

madara

Hi, when i try to play a game(warcraft3) that required full screen to run, it crashed after a few minute., no picture at all but sound. i have been tried to click some window command like alt+f4 and alt+tab, nothing happen. at the moment, all i can do is force to shutdown. and then i played the other game(NFS Shift) in window mode, it runs perfectly.
my computer's specs:
Intel Core i7 860
8GB ram
Ati Radeon HD 5770
Window 7 home premium
anyone could help me?

Search for the free and safe utility SIW (System Information for Windows). Once installed run it and on the left column find the Hardware section and then click on the Video section. It will tell you what is the current driver as well as other information.

If you want to update your drivers...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Man its too confuse...:blackeye:
Any other easier way to fix this?

No. Just follow the steps. SIW is an easy utility to use.

Many, many people have used the four steps with success. They are not that hard. Do one at a time.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back