Computer crashing/blue screen during 'full peformance' mode

Hello,
The past couple of days i've been experiencing unusual behaviour from my computer. For the past few days I've been having crashing problems. The crashes aren't all the same however; on a handful of occasions it's given the famous old 'blue screen of death' and on others my computer either just turns off, or the whole computer just crashes. I've noticed the crashes only occur when I turn the computer to 'full performance' mode after a couple of minutes meaning I'm literally unable to leave power save mode for more than 3 minutes.

I use 'EPU-4 Engine' to switch my computer between 'power save' mode and 'full performance' mode only using full peformance if I want to play games or install something.

I didn't think much of this at start, as i've never had these problems before 2 days ago. I figured it may have been a faulty driver, so I downloaded specific ones for hardware, but that didn't solve the problem. I then tried a system restore to restore back to a previous date presuming it may have been an update that went wrong, but nothing changed, I still got the crashes. My final solution if nobody is unable to help is to reinstall windows and hope it's just some sort of error, but I doubt that'll fix it.

I run Windows 7 64 bit Home Edition,
AMD Phenom II x4 964,
ATI 5850 Graphics card,
4 GB's of Ram

Hopefully somebody will be able to provide me with some advice on how to fix my problem!
All the best, and thank you very much in advance

Crayo

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Hello, Route44
Thank you for getting back to me. I've does as you requested and only found one folder in the Minidump directory (May have deleted them yesterday through disk clean up hoping that to potentially be a solution. Doesn't make sense! I know!)

Hopefully I've uploaded the right thing!

(Had to zip it as it was over 200kb)

Attachments

• 083111-35147-01.7z
    16.6 KB · Views: 5
The error code is 0xD1 which are usually caused by faulty drivers. Unfortunately nothing definitive was cited. When you get another 2 to 3 BSODs attach them and we'll read them.

Hey, it's me again.
I apologise for ressing this dead thread, but it's taken me a while to gather more minidump files to help solve my problems. Over the past few weeks I've not been getting blue screens, but just random crashes (Screen turns black, but computer remains on. Have to reset) and these don't provide the minidump files I needed.

Over the past few days I've been getting some bluescreens along with the random crashing, so I'll upload them and hopefully someone can get to the bottom of what's troubling me.

I've gone by many theories of what could be up, but as I've mentioned I use epu-4 engine and jump between power save mode and full performance when I fancy playing a game or in the need to install something. These crashes only occur when the full performance mode is active and not under power save.

I've uploaded a zip file that has 4 minidump files within it. Hope this helps and thanks a lot in advance!

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    65.5 KB · Views: 3
No need to apologize raising a so-called dead thread. Actually it is still alive because you are still experiencing issues. And you also did the right thing by continuing here and not starting another thread.

One file contained no information, one file was 0x24, and the other two were 0x124. Without going into a lot of detail at this time 0x124 errors are always caused by hardware though they never give a definitive answer other than hardware which both dumps cited.

These errors can be caused by any hardware your system has -- and I mean any. ITs hate having to deal with it.

* Overclocking can cause this error. If you have anything overclocked ease back to the factory parameters and tell us if you gain stability.

* If you haven't overclocked then in light of your symptoms we want you to run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes (not hours; this test is not measured by hours); the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

Back