Computer crashing randomly during any download

realbaz

my computer randomly crashes during any download process excluding web pages, it cannot be the ram as i have put new ram in , (yes it is supported i checked) and a new processor , this never occoured before my new processor but im not sure how it can be my processor its new? , any ideas people?

win 7 ultimate

ECS RS482-M (V1.0A)

socket 939 AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core 3800+ 2.00GHz

2gb of DDR-SD ram

Nvidia geforce 8400 GS

Is it crashing like the programs are crashing or is it crashing like a blue screen or shutdown?

strange, I have the same set-up I upgrades to the same chip from a sempron 3000
off ebay,
I also added memory later (5 weeks).
Been having a lot of reboots, although not on download, happens randomly.

Are you downloading a lot?

What % of time is spend downloading? Can't be more than 1% surely?
And it crashes every time?

How are you downloading? IE? Firefox? Chrome?

not blue screen or shutdown , my computer just totaly freezes =/ in any program , happens roughley 25-50% into the download. im using firefox/opera/chrome, formatting doesnt fix the problem or a different OS :S and also my usb mouse just stops working and i gotta plug it into a different port :S ? but thats only on my computer... works fine on others , if u need ny more info just ask

EDIT: i barely download, all i want to download is music for my phone, so the files arent huge

Replace the PSU?
Replace the RAM
Replace the HDD
If it still does it then the HDD Controller on the MOBO (motherboard) is going.. The replace the MOBO.

I've seen this happen which it did to me. HDD controller just died (fired) is the better term. Sometimes it's just the PSU failing or HDD has errors that can't be fixed.

i have tried 2 new 80gb HDD's and it still does the same error, still does it will multiple strips of ram, i only have enough money atm to replace eitheir the psu or mobo, which one?

i have tried 2 new 80gb HDD's and it still does the same error, still does it will multiple strips of ram, i only have enough money atm to replace eitheir the psu or mobo, which one?

Is the PSU making noise? You can buy a tester to see if the PSU is putting out the right wattage. How large of the PSU do you have right now? MOBO would cost you more but it depends on what you need? PSU does the system spin up how is the FAN on the CPU is it spinning fast or not? Without seeing what your dealing with I can only suggest what you should do. I would replace the PSU to rule that out. If that not the issue then it's the MOBO HDD controller gone or going to go on you. There are signs you can look for do you see anything bubbling up on your MOBO? You might not see the signs though.

psu is 450 w and yeah it makes noise, i have tried taking every other pci and pci-ex card out to test if my psu was overworked and it turned out it's fine

Making noise then the bearings in the FAN are going. You can fix that yourself by taking out the fan and replace it. 450 w is more like 340 w unless it rated as true 450 w? Most are not. If you feel the PSU is okay then replace the MOBO.

i replaced the fan other week, its silent and makes a little noise ? also its 450 W true output all my HDD's start corrupting and producing bad sectors on my computer, even new ones, so it should be my mobo?

the cheapest socket 939 mobo is around 50 pounds! could i get a cheeper mobo and processor for around that price, which suppourts ddr ram?

Back