TechSpot

Computer crashing while playing games/watching streams on Twitch.tv

By Melancholyx3
Mar 10, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello there,

This all started when I was in class and let my friend on my computer. I don't know what he did but after that day, I have been experiencing crashes. For example, I play League of Legends, and it run fine for a few hours. The first crash I remember was playing LoL for 7 hours and bam, suddenly a black screen appeared. I was on skype with friends at the moment so I knew my computer crashed and it was not just a black screen. It then auto rebooted and was fine for another few hours... More crashes occured and I remember getting a message saying Windows has recover from an unexpected shutdown. It said something about blue screen but I never saw any. I thought there was an issue with overheating so I put a fan next to it with the case open, but still crashes. While typing this, I just experienced another crash. I was playing League Of Legends as well and had this window in the background. This time, it was just a black screen. I looked inside my case and only saw the case fan and psu fan running. I checked the motherboard and the power supply wire connected to the motherboard was loose and fixed it. I don't know much about computer and this is my first computer I built. It was working fine for about a month never experience crashes like this.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,840   +165

What are the specs of this computer?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.