Computer doesn't turn on, changed Power Suppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I came home and saw my computer turned off on its on ,I tried to turn it back on, but nothing happens. If I unplug the power cable and plug it back in and then try to turn it on, the CPU fan and the chasie fan and lights come on for half a second then everything goes dead again, I thought it was the power supply, but I change it today but still no go. so I disconnected everything except for the Power Supply, RAM, CPU on the Mobo, but still excact same thing happens, it doesn't turn on (the green light on the MoBo stays on though) unless I unplug the power cable.

Anyone knows if this could be the CPU? or the Motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

You've probably thought of this but are you flicking the switch on the PSU a lot? I did that a few times (Plugged it in then flicked the switch off accidentally) and everything was on for about half a second. I think it was because of all the stored up power in the motherboard... but try flicking the switch if u haven't.

it's an Asus p4p800 deluxe with a P4@2.4. If am thinking it must be the board because it should atleast power up the psu if it was the processor? am I right?

The Problem Is With The Board. I Came Home One Day Almost A Year Now And The System Was Off All By It Self. Today It Powersup But Nothing Comes Up
Like Booting Action. I Mean Nothing At All.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back