TechSpot

Computer fans working but no usual "beep" when turning on PC

By iDot
Sep 15, 2008
  1. Hi all

I just bought this computer a year ago and it has caused me a bit of trouble.

When i turn the computer on , the fans come on , but nothing appears on the screen it says "no signal" and theres no usual "beep" sound that i use to hear on my computer when it turns on. PLZ HELP! I'm pretty sure theres something wrong with the motherboard or my processor.

this is my computers specs:

Asus P5LD2-Se Motherboard
    1 Gig DDR PC2-5300
    ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro Graphics Card
    Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.00 GHZ Processor
    PSU @ 250 volts

Plz help , Thanks a million!:)

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,985   +168

It's time to take it in to a repair shop and let them fix it... It could be a bad motherboard or something simpler

3. iDot

iDot TS Rookie Topic Starter

you sure? i think the motherboards okay. i think its probably the motherboard battery or something

4. culley

culley TS Rookie

It won't be the motherboard battery because you could use a computer without one, the time would just be wrong though.

I think it could be the motherboard that's dead because if any other components was dead there would usually be a error on screen or if the GFX card was dead there would be beep codes.

Just make sure all the components are securely fitted into the correct sockets, e.g the 24pin and 12v power cables, the memory.

Have you been inside the PC recently, if you have somehow managed to cause a static discharge on any of the components you might not have seen any problem at first but could have caused long term damage. The components might not have failed for months but suddenly now they have, it can happen!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.