Computer freezes 2 to 3 mins after boot up, sometimes says "Windows not genuine"

Mollering

[FONT=Segoe UI]Hi![/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]I have a Toshiba Satellite L750D. Windows 7.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]All running smoothly when I bought the laptop 3 months ago.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Few days ago, this started to happen:[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]The computer starts running fine, Windows boots up, shows user login screen. All running fine till here.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Desktop shows, Windows runs as usual. Two to three mins later, it becomes terribly slow. So slow that just trying to open Explorer takes like 5 minutes... The situation then becomes unbearable, it's like the computer freezes up.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]I have then to shut it down manually (pressing On/Off button for 5secs).[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]In another times, apart that problem, it appears in bottom right of desktop that the copy of Windows isn't genuine.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]I know it's genuine, I bought the laptop and I activated Windows correctly. But well, that's a minor issue and only happens 1/3 of the times I try to start up the computer. The primary issue is that infinite pseudo-freeze of Windows.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Starting in Safety Mode doesn't change the problem at all. It will start well, and like 3 mins later, becomes terribly slow again.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]I can solve problem in any way (run antivirus, etc) because I can't run it smoothly...[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Appreciate feedback regarding this issue,[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]best regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Joel Möllering[/FONT]

Sound as if you may have virus. you might want to check out the malware and virus forum here.

Back