TechSpot

Computer freezes 2 to 3 mins after boot up, sometimes says "Windows not genuine"

By Mollering
Jun 9, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi!
    I have a Toshiba Satellite L750D. Windows 7.
    All running smoothly when I bought the laptop 3 months ago.
    Few days ago, this started to happen:
    The computer starts running fine, Windows boots up, shows user login screen. All running fine till here.
    Desktop shows, Windows runs as usual. Two to three mins later, it becomes terribly slow. So slow that just trying to open Explorer takes like 5 minutes... The situation then becomes unbearable, it's like the computer freezes up.
    I have then to shut it down manually (pressing On/Off button for 5secs).
    In another times, apart that problem, it appears in bottom right of desktop that the copy of Windows isn't genuine.
    I know it's genuine, I bought the laptop and I activated Windows correctly. But well, that's a minor issue and only happens 1/3 of the times I try to start up the computer. The primary issue is that infinite pseudo-freeze of Windows.
    Starting in Safety Mode doesn't change the problem at all. It will start well, and like 3 mins later, becomes terribly slow again.
    I can solve problem in any way (run antivirus, etc) because I can't run it smoothly...
    Appreciate feedback regarding this issue,
    best regards,
    Joel Möllering
  2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,824   +181

Sound as if you may have virus. you might want to check out the malware and virus forum here.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.