Computer freezes about 15 - 20 minutes after logon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone.

My computer starting freezing on me yesterday. I can log on with no problems, and everything works fine for about 15 minutes then everything just locks up. The cursor still moves but I can't do anything with it. No success with the keyboard either. Anything I have running stops as well and I'm forced to manually restart.

I have checked my event log and there are no errors, warnings or even information logged for applications or system at the time it freezes. There were 3 system errors that show up on startup and have been recurring for as far back as my event log shows (the beginning of this month). I will include them with this post. I believe event error 3 is from an old Linksys wireless router and/or Linksys network card that I used to have installed, but I uninstalled all those files, so I'm not sure if I missed something. I have also been getting the BSOD randomly for about a month now. I will include my last minidump too.

My last virus scan was two days ago. I have Norton 2008, and it came back clean. I haven't been able to run it since the freezing started since my computer won't stay operational long enough for me to do so.

I have run a check disk at startup, I have also uninstalled some of the more recent programs that I have installed on my computer.

Aside from that, I don't know that I have added or updated anything lately. It's hard to remember. I know I am running SP3 for Windows. I'm not sure when that came out, but I'm sure I updated it when it did. I also updated my video card driver recently, because research on one of my BSOD's suggested it could be video card/video card driver related.

I'm pretty much at a loss. I am not terrible savvy when it comes to computers, but I try. I do have all my 1 year old sons pictures on here as well as all my 3D work. It would be great not to lose all of it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you guys can provide.

Attachments

• Event Error 1.txt
    397 bytes · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back