Computer freezes after login, even after clean install

gibari

Hello, my computer has been freezing for the past few days every time I try to login.

It will sometimes give me a pink screen, I got in once but the screen went black in a couple minutes.

I can login in safe mode fine and even normally if I do diagnostic mode from msconfig.

I tried repairing windows 7 startup, but it detected no errors. I tried a clean install but the problem stayed.

all help is appreciated

"It will sometimes give me a pink screen, I got in once but the screen went black in a couple minutes"...

Sounds like a video card issue. What are your complete computer specs, and what kind of video are you running? On-board or separate video card?

"It will sometimes give me a pink screen, I got in once but the screen went black in a couple minutes"...

Sounds like a video card issue. What are your complete computer specs, and what kind of video are you running? On-board or separate video card?

Its an iBUYPOWER Gamer Supreme 983XLC Desktop PC Core i7 Extreme 980X(3.33GHz) 12GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

so it has a GeForce GTX 570

Ok updated info
After login screen goes to black and white marks appear at the top and it loses connection to monitor sometimes but if I wait 5 min it logs me on normal and it appears to be running.

Any way to be sure? I managed to get my video card down to 33 degrees celcius after repositioning it and dusting and installing latest drivers

Those white dash(s) on a black screen means that the computer can't find the hard drive, so that's a clue. You can check the drive for errors by going to computer, right-click on the C drive, tools, and check for errors

Back