TechSpot

Computer freezes at startup

By AlexLEX
Sep 8, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys!
    Few days ago my computer kept restarting when I was in any game or doing nothing, so I decided yo reinstall the OS. I burned a CD with Windows XP but every time does the same thing:
    I boot-up the CD, I format the partitions, then the files are getting copied. After that, Windows reboots as usual, but then it freezes at loading screen and I don't know what to do :(.
    I checked the coolers, the GPU, CPU, the RAMS and the HDD.
    The other day I tried to install the os again, but after the loading screens it gaved me blue screen, every time a different error.
    Today I tried again but now keeps freezing but no blue screens of DEATH.
    I hope you can help me because I can't buy a new pc until Xmas.
    My computer's specs:
    AMD Sempron 3400+ with 1,5 gb of RAM, Asus K8V-VM (motherboard), ATI Radeon X550 (graphic's card) 160gb hdd ATA.
    I even tried using Ubuntu, but he freezes at loading screen.
    I hope you can help, and sorry for my bad english.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

3. AlexLEX

AlexLEX TS Rookie Topic Starter

4. AlexLEX

5. Tmagic650

From the picture I can't really tell if they are bad. It doesn't look like they are bad...

6. AlexLEX

I looked from one side and they look like they are going to blow-up. They're looking like the one from the pictures you showed me.
    Here http://www.badcaps.net/images/caps/kt7/kt3.html

7. Tmagic650

Okay, if that's what your caps look like, the best thing to do is to replace the motherboard