TechSpot

Computer freezes entirely while downloading a torrent

By DiabloGR
Dec 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello everyone,

Well the title says it all.This is a problem that occured a few days after I have installed Windows 7 (22 Octomber - installation, 8 November - the first freeze).I have searched throughout the internet but I still havent found a solution to my problem.I have searched the Event Viewer and everytime there is a freeze I saw that in the error section at the critical section of it there is a kernell error, but I dont know what it is. Also I have deleted some programms that I had installed the day before and the current day that the problem first appeared but there were no results.And lastly I have checked all the drivers and they are all up to date.

I am sorry if my post is in the wrong section or there was already one stating the same problem.

Thank you for your consideration

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,213   +230

Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager? Have you applied all the Windows 7 Updates including Service Pack 1 and all the optional updates?

3. DiabloGR

DiabloGR TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hello,

There are no yellow exclamations on device manager.
    I have installed all the important updates of windows 7 but there are quite a few optional updates that need to be done. Do you suggest that I should install them?

Thank you for replying.

PS
    There are 39 optional updates waiting to be downloaded and installed :p

4. Tmagic650

Yes, install all of these

5. DiabloGR

Hello again,

I have installed some of the updates that were for updating windows but left some out because they were basically language packages and a bing desktop "update". So I will start downloading again and I will let you know.

6. Tmagic650

Okay, sounds good...

7. DiabloGR

Well the problem still hasn't been solved even by installing the updates. I tried to download a file using ╬╝Torrent and the pc froze once again.

So any more ideas..?

8. Tmagic650

What antivirus program are you using?

9. DiabloGR

I am using Microsoft Security Essentials and an antiMalware Malwarebytes

10. Tmagic650

Try running Memtest86 to test the memory. Download the vrsion 4.20 .iso file and burn it to a CD or DVD. Boot the computer with this disk and let memtest run for at least 7 passes. Any errors mean trouble:
    http://www.memtest.org/