Computer freezes entirely while downloading a torrent

DiabloGR

Hello everyone,

Well the title says it all.This is a problem that occured a few days after I have installed Windows 7 (22 Octomber - installation, 8 November - the first freeze).I have searched throughout the internet but I still havent found a solution to my problem.I have searched the Event Viewer and everytime there is a freeze I saw that in the error section at the critical section of it there is a kernell error, but I dont know what it is. Also I have deleted some programms that I had installed the day before and the current day that the problem first appeared but there were no results.And lastly I have checked all the drivers and they are all up to date.

I am sorry if my post is in the wrong section or there was already one stating the same problem.

Thank you for your consideration

Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager? Have you applied all the Windows 7 Updates including Service Pack 1 and all the optional updates?

Hello,

There are no yellow exclamations on device manager.
I have installed all the important updates of windows 7 but there are quite a few optional updates that need to be done. Do you suggest that I should install them?

Thank you for replying.

PS
There are 39 optional updates waiting to be downloaded and installed :p

Hello again,

I have installed some of the updates that were for updating windows but left some out because they were basically language packages and a bing desktop "update". So I will start downloading again and I will let you know.

Well the problem still hasn't been solved even by installing the updates. I tried to download a file using μTorrent and the pc froze once again.

So any more ideas..?

Try running Memtest86 to test the memory. Download the vrsion 4.20 .iso file and burn it to a CD or DVD. Boot the computer with this disk and let memtest run for at least 7 passes. Any errors mean trouble:
http://www.memtest.org/

Back