Computer Freezes ever since Windows 7 was installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problems all began the day I decided to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 thinking that it would be wonderful to be rid of Vista.

Unfortunately, that's when my real troubles began. At first, I just couldn't connect to the internet, tried everything, even updated the driver. As that problem was going on, another crept up. It'd be 1 minute or so after I stated (or restarted) my computer, and suddenly my mouse couldn't click on any desktop icons, right click or anything because the computer was "thinking" (rotating blue circle) endlessly, the only way out of that is the typical Control+Alt+Delete, and restart. It freezes up like that every single time I startup my computer, I can't figure it out.

As I was battling that problem, my internet connection problem was fixed, thanks to a message board member who suggested I get rid of that accursed "Bonjour" app that came with my version of CS3. I disabled it, and now I'm able to get connected to the internet and stay connected.
Unfortunately, my computer constantly freezing up on me problem is still there.
I did everything I could, I ran a driver scan through my computer and updated any drivers that needed updating. I cleaned up the registry with a registry booster that I got, and when I troubleshoot, nothing is detected. Weird thing is, I can use my mouse just fine when I'm browsing online. It gets a bit slow, but I can still use it. I just can't click on certain things (like watching a video that required my Windows mediaplayer to pop up) because it'll stall and those links just won't work. sometimes links to other sites or to downloads won't work either. And if I reduce my browser window completely, I won't be able to get it to pop up again.

I updated my video driver recently, and that did nothing either. When I do work in safe mode however, everything is fine, no computer feezing at all.
My computer is new, I bought it a month and a half ago, so I can't understand how all this can go so wrong.
I have a 64-bit OS, Processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860@2.80 GHz 2.93 GHz and 8.00 GB (RAM)
As horrible as Vista was, it never did this to me, render my computer completely useless, if this is the kinda stuff I have to look forward to with Windows 7, then I'd rather go back to Vista.

Any ideas or suggestions out there?

You didn't install windows 7 fresh, you did an upgrade install. Even though the upgrade install was available, we recommend doing a "clean" install of Windows 7 always. Back up your important data and format the C drive and reinstall Windows 7 fresh. You will be glad you did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back