Computer freezes or shuts down

Status
Not open for further replies.

glove64

New to the board and could really use some help. I have an Acer laptop that recently began causing some problems. I accidentally ran two antivirus programs at the same time over weekend. The computer shut down and when it restarted, I sent the error report to Microsoft and learned that I had a major system error. Everything then seemed to be o.k. for a while but then last night the computer kept freezing up about two minutes after I started it or shutting down completely. When I went to power back up, it would take several attempts at pressing the power button before the computer would start again. This kept occuring repeatedly before I gave up.

1. I accidentally ran two antivirus programs at the same time over weekend.
Did either or both find malware? Did it go into quarantine? Did you delete from there?
2. The computer shut down and when it restarted, I sent the error report to Microsoft and learned that I had a major system error.
Please copy the error message and paste it here- exactly.
3. last night the computer kept freezing up about two minutes after I started it or shutting down completely.
Please see if you can find Errors that correspond to any or all of the above:

It is not clear if you got the system up. If you did, follow this:
Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error>
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)

NOTE: Ignore Warnings and Information Events.
You do not need to include the lines of code-if any-in the box below the Description.
Please do NOT paste the entire Event log.

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. An IT buddy of mine is going to take a look at it for me. If he can't figure it out, I'll try your suggestion and send the information. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back