Computer freezes randomly

By bielius
Apr 7, 2009
  1. Hello,

my new second computer just freezes randomly.
    Everything that happens to it:
    When i press power button, if i press it for 1 sec, fans start to spin, but when i release button,they stop. i know that i need to keep the button more than 3 secs to start the system.
    i just restarted my pc, with powering off and turning on, but it didn't powered. then i removed the power pin in motherboard and reseated it. then it worked. hope it helps.

The computer freezes randomly.

i had F-secure antivirus, but it was taking huge resurses, so i downloaded Avira and Zonealarm.

if you need more information, just tell me.

Computer specs:
    Windows XP professional SP2(tryied SP3-freezes when installing)
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz
    MSI MS-StarForce GeForce 6600 (NVIDIA GeForce 6600) PCI-E 256MB
    MSI G31M3-F motherboard
    PSU Enermax EG651AX-VH
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Here's a quote from your last thread including your HijackThis log:
    Strangely a week later and you still have a weird HijackThis log, this time not complete.

I would suggest that you follow this guide in full: UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions and then create a New Thread in the Virus removal forum, if you still need your logs checked

Or better yet, backup and re-install Windows. Some info on that here:
    Anyway, that will help you get SP3 installed ;)

Good luck :grinthumb
  3. bielius

bielius TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 211   +14

Strange, there's 2 different computers, the last one was from my first comp, this is from my second new one.
    i cant get sp3 because my pc freezes after a while when its installing.
    thank you.
  4. kimsland

5. bielius

I reinstalled, but when windows was installing(the part where you need to enter your license key, configure your location, time etc.) it stuck'd. and i don't know what to do. then, i turned off my PC, and i tried powering it on, but it didn't. when i press it,(long or short, dosen't matter) fans start to spin,no HDD sounds, and after 4 secs fans stop spinning.P.S. the fans don't get all the power to spin at max speed, so i'm thinking about power suply problem.)
  6. kimsland

7. bielius

I've managed to install windows sp3, but there's another problem. i've found out that graphic's card fan didn't spin. i pushed it with a finger by accident and it started to spin :) now it works good.. but we will see. i will write if somethings comes out.
  8. kimsland

Oh you got it started again :)
    Thanks for the update
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.