TechSpot

Computer freezes two times a day

By LudoErgoSum
May 7, 2009
  1. Hi

I am helping my mother with a computer problem, the computer wich she inherited form me now locks up twice a day. Usually I can handle stuff like this by googling the answers, but with this problem I did not find a solution.

I do not know what she does, but Im told she only surfs and pay bills.

She got this info from windows:
    C:\DOCUME~1\Bruker\LOKALE~1\Temp\WER8101.dir00\Mini050109-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Bruker\LOKALE~1\Temp\WER8101.dir00\sysdata.xml
    I've done a full antivurus search with the latest AVG-free.

I posted a combofix log. Since I have exams I dont have time to reinstall windows atm, but since it happens so often I think I need at least a temporarly solution.

Thak you for all help!

Anders

2. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Rookie Posts: 498

Hi Ludo

Seems like she gets a minidump - this indicates that a Blue Screen of Death has occurred. Please attach a few dumps to your next post so we can analyse them for you. Read this thread ... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html ....

Please let us know what the system specs are. Whilst doing what does the freezing happen?
    Also, any other info you have might be helpful.

Spyder_1386 :)

3. LudoErgoSum

LudoErgoSum TS Rookie Topic Starter

So sorry! As I said I usually just follow the instructions for some1 with the same problems.

I've added the latest minidumps.
    Its a win XP SE3, Home.
    1 GB RAM
    AMD athlon 64 processor.

I hva seen it one time my self and it was while surfinf a pafe with stock info. I suspeccted a java problem but im not shure now. She is running firefox 3.xx.

U did a discfrag and a disccheck last time i was here, but to no awail. :(
    Also while I had the computer I ran CC and regestry mechanics regulary...
    The computer has a history of the grapiccard not working, It is on its 3 now.
    Hopefully this helps!

Anders

4. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Rookie Posts: 498

Hi Ludo

Your RAM seems to be the issue .... please run Memtest from here .... www.memtest.org ... let it run overnight and the rule is generally a minimum of 7 passes Per Stick. Test each stick individually

You can try updating your device drivers after you've tested the RAM.

Spyder_1386 :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.