Computer Freezes up when opening certain programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikogoincyco93

Everything was working well before, until I get home yesterday. I go to open up AIM and it logs me in. Once I get my buddy list my computer freezes. That's only with one screen name all other's work. Another problem is my firefox crashes frequently for no reason and my itunes freezes after a few seconds. I tried uninstalling them to reinstall but everytime I try to download it my browser freezes up too!

Please Help me I'm in huge distress because if I can't access iTunes I can't sync my contacts to my new phone (and believe me I have many contacts)

Edit: Even when I go on Meebo. It freezes up(Meebo is another way you can access your AIM Screen name online

Sorry for not explaining.

When the machine is booting up, tap F8 constantly and you will come to a black screen with white writing. There should be 3 options for safemode. You want the 'Safemode with networking'

See how you get on

While trying to update my Java. It says that the Administrator has set his policies to prevent this installation. My computer doesn't have an administrator. Except in safe mode. in which case I'm on the account

You'll find that the malware you have/had will do this. It is common for them to set their own group policies to block you doing certain things (like removing them). Just keep going through the steps

Then skip that step for now and when you attach your logs, remember to say what steps you couldn't do and why you couldn't. So your helper has all the information and a better idea as to whats going on.

Ok here's my log

When I tried to upgrade my Java runtime environment it would not let me and said that the Administrator has set his policies to prevent this installation

mikogoincyco93,

Since there has been a lot of input into this thread already. I'd recommend making a new thread, in the Virus & Malware Removal forum with the previous post you just said.

Otherwise your thread may be overlooked as it will seem like you are already getting help. I'm not part of the Malware Team :)

Their names will be in purple. Sorry I didn't instruct you earlier:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back