TechSpot

Computer freezes when playing .Avi

By Arkumzz
Apr 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello comunity ,, earlier this week I had a problem with my cpu , and this site is the only site who helped me correctly, and im thankfull
    Today I had a wierd problem with my computer ,, I had a graphics card ' Nvidia 7100 gs '
    I removed it cz I wanted to get a new one , more powerfull ,, and now im working on my internal video card - Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset family
    Intel Gma3000 . 256 Mb
    the problem is , once I started to use the internal one ,, once I play Avi files ( 45 ) minutes , the computer freezes for couple minutes ! tried multiple video players and the same problem
    P.S I never had problems with internal v,card
    ---- By the way my computer is Pentium D 3400/4M ,,, 3 GB DDR2 ram ,, 500 GB/HD ,, WIN7
    Many thanks in advance

2. Arkumzz

Arkumzz TS Rookie Topic Starter

Correction ** not only AVI files ,, its just any video files ! no problems with audio files

3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,021   +913

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,446   +324

What program are you using to display videos?
    Audio Video Interleaved (also Audio Video Interleave), known by its initials AVI, is a multimedia container format introduced by Microsoft in November 1992 as part of its Video for Windows technology.

5. Arkumzz

JC713 I downloaded that driver , its still the same , And about the cpu,, yes I do gaming and I will change it to core 2 due ,, thats why I needed to replace the video card too . but once I removed it and used the internal one , the problem showed up !
    ------
    jobeard I tried it on windows media player , media classic player AND BS player :(

HELP GUYS ! PLEASE !

6. JC713

A Core 2 Duo wont improve it much. I would get something like an AMD FX 4100. Did you try VLC?

7. Arkumzz

JC713 I will download it in a bit and give it a try ,,
    And about the CPU stuff this is my computer ,, and I dunno if that one fits !

HP Compaq dx7300 Microtower PC

Processor One of the following:

• Intel Celeron D Processors
    • Intel Pentium 4 Processors with Hyper Threading Technology
    • Intel Pentium D Processors
    • Intel Core 2 Duo Processors

8. JC713

Yeah, I know it wont fit, but I am saying that you may wanna just buy a new modern CPU instead of upgrading what you already have.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.