TechSpot

Computer freezes when playing .Avi

By Arkumzz
Apr 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello comunity ,, earlier this week I had a problem with my cpu , and this site is the only site who helped me correctly, and im thankfull
    Today I had a wierd problem with my computer ,, I had a graphics card ' Nvidia 7100 gs '
    I removed it cz I wanted to get a new one , more powerfull ,, and now im working on my internal video card - Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset family
    Intel Gma3000 . 256 Mb
    the problem is , once I started to use the internal one ,, once I play Avi files ( 45 ) minutes , the computer freezes for couple minutes ! tried multiple video players and the same problem
    P.S I never had problems with internal v,card
    ---- By the way my computer is Pentium D 3400/4M ,,, 3 GB DDR2 ram ,, 500 GB/HD ,, WIN7
    Many thanks in advance

2. Arkumzz

Arkumzz TS Rookie Topic Starter

Correction ** not only AVI files ,, its just any video files ! no problems with audio files

3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +965

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 8,946   +586

What program are you using to display videos?
    Audio Video Interleaved (also Audio Video Interleave), known by its initials AVI, is a multimedia container format introduced by Microsoft in November 1992 as part of its Video for Windows technology.

5. Arkumzz

JC713 I downloaded that driver , its still the same , And about the cpu,, yes I do gaming and I will change it to core 2 due ,, thats why I needed to replace the video card too . but once I removed it and used the internal one , the problem showed up !
    ------
    jobeard I tried it on windows media player , media classic player AND BS player :(

HELP GUYS ! PLEASE !

6. Jad Chaar

A Core 2 Duo wont improve it much. I would get something like an AMD FX 4100. Did you try VLC?

7. Arkumzz

JC713 I will download it in a bit and give it a try ,,
    And about the CPU stuff this is my computer ,, and I dunno if that one fits !

HP Compaq dx7300 Microtower PC

Processor One of the following:

• Intel Celeron D Processors
    • Intel Pentium 4 Processors with Hyper Threading Technology
    • Intel Pentium D Processors
    • Intel Core 2 Duo Processors

8. Jad Chaar

Yeah, I know it wont fit, but I am saying that you may wanna just buy a new modern CPU instead of upgrading what you already have.