TechSpot

Computer freezes

By rmj2179
Jul 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

I had basically stopped using this computer because everytime I logged on, I could use it for about 5 minutes before it would completely freeze. This mouse would stop, I couldn't press ctrlaltdel, , the mouse didn't even show it was thinking,it just beeped and would not recover. Every time, I would have to agree to restart in the dos screen.

So recently (after borrowing my roommates computer for a year), I decided to give it another shot. Overall, I have been successful but it does sometimes refreeze.

Also, I'm relatively certain I have plenty of malware/spyware on my computer but don't know how to decipher. I am attaching my HijackThis Log... can anybody help to tell me what I need to remove?

Thanks,

Renee
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,143   +31

Renee, if you suspect infection is your issue we strongly urge you to go to our Virus and Malware Removal forum.

1. Read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky.

2. Follow all the steps given in the order given -- don't skip any.

3. When you are finished the Steps post on that forum with the required Logs attached.

4. If you run into any issues doing a step let them know on that post.

*** You'll get excellent help there; good luck.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.