TechSpot

Computer freezing even after some new parts

By dugie77
Mar 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. ok so i originally had problems with my computer just freezing up randomly, sometimes in games, sometimes just cuz etc. but now i just replaced my MOBO, RAM, and my CPU. Not only is it still happening, it got worse! I don't know what it is or what to do. It freezes a little after start up no since i put in the new stuff. No BSOD just frozen in whatever view it was in and a loud buzzing from the speakers. my computer specs are:
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4GHz
    MOBO: MSI P67A-GD65
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4gb x2 DDR3 dual channel 1600
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1gb
    PSU: NZXT 600 W

Also, I ran the computer in safe mode and it works just fine. I ran malwarebytes and didn't find anything.

Please help!
  2. dugie77

dugie77 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

would it be my graphics card?
  3. Meepster

Meepster TS Rookie

I'd check to make sure you have the latest drivers and bios. Does the computer unfreeze after a little bit or do you have to restart it?
  4. dugie77

I have the latest drivers but i dont know about bios. I looked it up at MSI and it says don't do it if you dont know what you are doing and i don't. and i totally have to restart the computer
  5. dugie77

I downloaded and ran everything that the MSI live update program asked me to and its still freezing.
  6. FREEZINGisFUN

FREEZINGisFUN TS Rookie Posts: 18

its probably power supply... ive had this same problem for 3 months, not video card, not ram, not motherboard- though processor could be the issue, you replacing yours gives me more of a reason to believe its power supply... im about to get a new one (corsair tx650)tomorrow and find out

edit: also reformatted about 5 times, ****ed around with drivers each time, i have a coolmax cu-700b 700w btw
  7. dugie77

Let me know how it goes!! Thanks for the reply!
  8. dugie77

I bought a new power supply. an 850 watt. and the freezing has lessened but hasnt stopped! so its helped a little but not totally!
  9. techsuitor

techsuitor TS Rookie Posts: 145

What is your OS?.
  10. dugie77

win 7 64 bit
  11. electriksoda

electriksoda TS Rookie

Let me clear something up for you my friend. it's the RAM. Many people I know (including myself) are having problem after problem with the dreadful RAM!! I am still having the same problem as you and if anyone could help us out (now you have this information)!

Also, it's the voltage it seems?

My rig is:

-Intel i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz
    -Biostar Tseries TP67B+
    -NVidea GeForce 7300 GS
    -Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600mhz @ 1.5V
    -Samsung spinpoint F3 1TB @ 7200rpm
    -Arctic Pro 750W Modular PSU (80 Plus)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.