Computer freezing even after some new parts

dugie77

ok so i originally had problems with my computer just freezing up randomly, sometimes in games, sometimes just cuz etc. but now i just replaced my MOBO, RAM, and my CPU. Not only is it still happening, it got worse! I don't know what it is or what to do. It freezes a little after start up no since i put in the new stuff. No BSOD just frozen in whatever view it was in and a loud buzzing from the speakers. my computer specs are:
CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4GHz
MOBO: MSI P67A-GD65
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4gb x2 DDR3 dual channel 1600
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1gb
PSU: NZXT 600 W

Also, I ran the computer in safe mode and it works just fine. I ran malwarebytes and didn't find anything.

Please help!

I'd check to make sure you have the latest drivers and bios. Does the computer unfreeze after a little bit or do you have to restart it?

I have the latest drivers but i dont know about bios. I looked it up at MSI and it says don't do it if you dont know what you are doing and i don't. and i totally have to restart the computer

I downloaded and ran everything that the MSI live update program asked me to and its still freezing.

its probably power supply... ive had this same problem for 3 months, not video card, not ram, not motherboard- though processor could be the issue, you replacing yours gives me more of a reason to believe its power supply... im about to get a new one (corsair tx650)tomorrow and find out

edit: also reformatted about 5 times, ****ed around with drivers each time, i have a coolmax cu-700b 700w btw

I bought a new power supply. an 850 watt. and the freezing has lessened but hasnt stopped! so its helped a little but not totally!

Let me clear something up for you my friend. it's the RAM. Many people I know (including myself) are having problem after problem with the dreadful RAM!! I am still having the same problem as you and if anyone could help us out (now you have this information)!

Also, it's the voltage it seems?

My rig is:

-Intel i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz
-Biostar Tseries TP67B+
-NVidea GeForce 7300 GS
-Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600mhz @ 1.5V
-Samsung spinpoint F3 1TB @ 7200rpm
-Arctic Pro 750W Modular PSU (80 Plus)

Back