Computer hangs with no display before any logos/cpu info

FREEZINGisFUN

My computer when i power it up makes a few sounds as if its starting up, sounds that are also less powerful than when it actually starts up with display.

Then after a minute or two, it will bring a heavier sound and display motherboard info and eventually will log in.

Computer works fine except for a problem i was having before the hangings where i would freeze alot, more often while streaming video/playing games, i replaced motherboard/ram/video card to fix this issue.

if anyone could help me with either of this problems that would be great

windows 7 64 pro, had freeze problem on xp64pro
coolmax 700w power supply
nvidia gtx 460
tp45e combo mboard
4g corsair xms3 ram

Hello, i dont seem to understand what you problems is really, more about the freezing...
However if you can, try upgrading your bios, there is a posibility that you are having an IRQ conflict...
Explain more please...
but try that first...

when i turn on the computer i hear a few sounds as if it were starting up as intended, soon after these sounds will stop and the computer will idle/hang for 1-2 minutes and eventually startup normally.

as for the freezing, its random, and occurs more often during streaming of videos/playing games.

Ok, i think it could be you hard drive, so am suggesting that maybe if you have another Hdd lying around, just try installing windows on it and see it it works.

Hi, there are some Mobos that have inbuilt software for a diagnostic test, read you manual to see if its do so, if not then i suggest getting one from the manufacturer's website.
also consider doing a stress test on you hdd using software like HddTune or HdTach...
Hope that helps...

Back