Computer Infected with unknown malware / virus, HiJackThis Log provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I am having a lot of problems currently with my system, and I believe it is to do with either a virus or malware. It has been 2 days since they symptoms have arisen

Here are the symptoms that have occured to date :

- System will not complete its booting when it is about to load MSN Messenger about half the time.
- ALL my internet passwords are deleted, I am a member of several internet forums and websites and I have my logons and passwords set to auto-login every time I go to forums, but now I have to login to the forums every single time. Its like the password cookies are deleted every time.
- IE will randomly pop up adverts, the company providing the advertising name I cannot recall. And if I close the pop up IE will cease to work.
- When using IE the IE windows will close by itself after a while.

Here is my system specs, AV programs and my settings :

- Windows XP Corporate Edition SP2
- DLink 502T USB ADSL Modem
- Sorry I am not sure what version of IE I have but its the default one what comes with that XP.
- Avast Free AV.
- Spybot Search and Destroy
- SpywareBlaster
- NO firewall installed whatsoever.

When I run SpyBot, here is what it found lately :

- Banker
- Wurld Media
- Stat Counter
- Double Click
- MediaPlex
- TagaSaurus

I have used SpyBot to delete these malware but they keep coming back.

Here are the steps I have taken previously to prevent the return of malware after my bad experience with Virtumonde.

- Turn OFF Windows back up (not sure if thats why its called)
- Run Spybot in normal mode and clean.
- Run Spybot in Safe mode and clean.
- Turn on TeaTimer.

The problem is I don't know which one of the malware above is causing the big problems listed above.

I am hoping someone can offer some sound advice.

To further help with the diagnosis I am going to try to give you guys a HiJackThis log. I am not sure what this does and I cannot see any significant information on it as I am not tech minded.

I have taken 2 snapshots with HiJackThis at 2 separate times, hoping to see if there are different results depending on whether the virus 'returned'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please complete all steps in:
Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions
These steps were pinned to the top of the Security and the Web
And in most cases will remove all Virus/Trojans... so forth

I would also recommend to run CCleaner on your drive (removing all temp files) seeming one of the Spyware files seems to be presently in there.

Regarding posting the logs:

There is no need to post the logs if your system is clean from performing the above steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back