Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazeduke

i have a Toshiba Satellite A355D
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 2.10GHz
Memory(Ram): 4.00GB
System Type: 64-bit
//=========================================================
My problem is that since ive gotten my laptop, it has really slowed down and ive actually removed quite a few programs, defragged my computer weekly, and used "Fix-It" program to help keep my computer maintained......It has not helped at all ....

What else can i do?? im at a loss and my games dont play smoothly anymore.....

(My computer also heats up greatly and quickly.....i have a coolling pad......if the heat is a factor to the slow of my computer)

Please help me.........ive gotten to the point where i want to throw my cpu out the window. :evil:

I always suggest formatting and starting over when someone complains about their PC running slowly.

Yeah but i have a lot of files tat i dont really want to reinstall and update all over agian :(
-Antivirus (my dad would have to get it again)
-My game files and programs (only 3)
-my music

This sounds like it might be an infection issue. A heat issue will certainly cause your symptoms. Have you researched to see if this particular Toshiba and said problems are being experienced by others?

I am wondering if the fans are working prperly. Is this still under warrenty?

I also suggest you go to our Virus and Malware removal forum and read the Updated 8 Step sticky and follow the advice given.

That is one nice laptop. By the way, a lot of "fix it" software causes more issues than they help to resolve.

The Only bad things about my laptop is that it tends to lagg and have trouble with Gaming (Unreal Tournament, etc...) and that the graphics are overwhelmed easlily......

:( it had pretty good specifications........overheating wasn't an issue stated thou.....

Why is it that there are(in the task manager):
a lot of explorer and Iexplorer.exe
(takes a lot of Memory--52,668K, 45,428K, and 9,848k)

the KeNotify.exe*32??(what is that)
( the top memory user---64,188K)

What do i do bout them?? Do they impact the performance at all??

First, the reason for the heat as a possibility is because heat build up will cause the issues you state.

Second, the driver cited in your minidump is a Windows OS driver and mostly they are too general to be of much diagnostic help. However, in your case it is tcpip.sys was noted and this TCPIP.sys is used to access the whole IP protocoldriver. In other words, your internet/networking connections. It could be you need to update your NIC drivers.

Third, have you scanned for infections? What is your security software?

By the way, KeNotify.exe is the process related to Toshiba Flashcard utility. It is responsible for the Toshiba LapTop Help 'FlashCards' utility that is at the top of the screen serving for easy access to the 'F keys' alternative functions such as Lock,Power Mode,Sleep etc. Note: It is located in \%Program Files%\TOSHIBA\Utilities\

Oh.....okay..........

my antivirus is Norton Anti-Virus and i also have "Fix-It" which also searches for viruses.

how do i update the NIC driver??

I scan for viruses everyother day :S It picks up nothing besides a windows tracker from Microsoft

Okay, first is the "fix it" software in real time protection, i.e. always running in the background?

There is your first, main issue. The rule is: One antivirus, one antimalware/antispyware, and one firewall OR one security suit.

Your Norton and "fix-it" are in conflict. Is Fix-It the correct name?

yes it is the name Fix-It okay should i uninstall fix-it?

Yes! See if they have a removal tool. If you have trouble uninstalling it download the free and safe CCleaner and use their Uninstaller under their Tool icon.

Wait! Is this Microsoft's Fix-It? If so stop!

Was Fix-It a third party software? If so, run ChkDsk from your Run box. Run CCleaner.

Update your Norton Anti-virus.

What anti-spyware/antimalware do you have?

How much longer is is Norton's subscription for?

CCleaner?? :( (srry im new to all this)

pardon.......i have symantec Endpoint Protection and it is indefinite doesnt expire

Ah, good! Endpoint is much better than the Symantec/Norton regular offerings.

search for CCleaner, download, install, run.

Is your Endpoint antivirus only?

Endpoint is antivirus and antispyware, proactive Protection and Network Threat protection.

k i will find and download and run

...........k i have it up do i just click the run cleaner button.......?

okay......wow 662.8 mb to be removed 0_0

it finished in 10 sec is that normal??

Okay What do we do now??

CCleaner will move at different speeds depending on the amount of material needing to be analyzed and deleted and the hardware running said system.

Okay, with Fix It removed, how is your system running now?

the system is running much smoother now :) and everything seems good :) my cpu is heatin way up (95C) but its goin faster and smoother :D

Thanks man I did not know that all that could really slow down my computer that bad.......should i do anything with the registry??

or should i just leave it alone?

Leave the registry alone! :p Seriously, those registry fixers cause more issues than you can imagine. Many people that I highly respect and have considerably more working knowledge than I do all say the same thing across many online tech sites: Registry work should be left alone. A Windows Repair is the way to go if needed.

Glad it has worked out for you and the system is running much smoother. Your Endpoint is not having to fight Fix-It.

Clean out the dust periodically.

* Please get back to us in a day or two and let us know how the system runs. This will be valuable information for the entire community.

Not a problem :grinthumb i will check back in a couple days, play a few games that lagged before and give a summary of how well it worked.

Truly Thank You Very Much :darth:

You're welcome. By the way, I looked up your system and it appears there are several versions. Do you know what graphics your system has? That could be an issue as well.

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 Series
Driver Packaging Version 8.522-080731a-068381C-Toshiba
Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
2D Driver Version 7.01.01.809
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0603
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.7873
Catalyst® Control Center Version 2008.0731.2322.39992

if u need this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back