Computer is very slow

Lolitsbrittxp

Hello all. I've been reading multiple threads to find out what my problem could be but I just can't seem to correct it no matter how many times I have tried! A couple days ago I downloaded a harmful file, and after trying to remove it, my computer only got worse. It started off as white smoke, but spiraled into many different things after that. Before I downloaded it, my computer connection was perfect, no random DC's, fast computer, everything. After that, my computer is obviously slower as well as my internet. My router is brand new, and loads instantly on other computers however takes a while to load on mine compared to what it was before. I've wiped my computer, as well as installed Bitdefender, comodo firewall, Malyware bites, CC cleaner, Spybot search and destroy and none of them can find the problem at all! It's very protected, and since installing these programs, my computer runs a bit faster but not as fast as it used to. Can anyone please help me find the root of this problem so I can hopefully return it back to how it was?

I'd originally asked this in the malware section however Broni said my computer is clean after showing him the logs. However, my computer is still very slow. Any possible answers?

You can't wipe a system by just uninstalling programs. I would say clean install windows. I am assuming you have windows 7. This article is for windows 8 but is basically the same for windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/clean-install. You can download the iso file for windows 7 (make sure you have a win 7 key handy) and burn it to a disc. This will remove any malware that was on the system.

I saved up all of my important stuff and returned my computer to factory settings, that's what I mean by wipe. After I re-installed some fresh stuff it was okay but now it's only gotten worse. I keep losing connection to my internet multiple times and it doesn't effect the other computers. I also noticed that before my problem happened, my computer had a pure white tint to it, and now it's just a creamy tint now.

Well, how did you return your PC to factory refaults? That wont fix anything really. I recommend you do what I told you and then can proceed from there. The advantage of fresh installing Windows is that whatever malicious software was present would be wiped. Also, it gets rid of all the unnecessary programs you never use/need. Therefore, increasing speed.

Well won't hurt it either to set it back to factory install, But it sounds like you got more going on then , a Software or OS problem. You may have a video problem with the onboard graphics or if you have a card. From the way you say you have a creamy tint. Bad hardware will slow a computer down.

I usually reboot in safemode w/o networking and run super antispyware and malwarebytes. Does the trick sometimes.

After your factory restore did you add back any of your personal files, from before. If so you maybe reinfected. If you did indeed reinstall these files. You should run a virus scan on these files. I still think you may have a little more problems then software. But as what has been said you should try a clean install of your OS. Then if the problem remains have the computer looked at.

After your factory restore did you add back any of your personal files, from before. If so you maybe reinfected. If you did indeed reinstall these files. You should run a virus scan on these files. I still think you may have a little more problems then software. But as what has been said you should try a clean install of your OS. Then if the problem remains have the computer looked at.
Exactly what I was thinking. When OP saved everything, you may of saved some bugs too.
Do as mentioned & good luck.

Hm I see. Well on my computer it has a setting where I can just return it to how I got it originally, but like I said, that didn't help. As for the creamy tint, when I restart the computer, the background is bright white like it should be, but after fully loading it goes to that creamy tint again. Thank you all for help

Could the creamy tint be due to the software settings for your video chip or card? Yes most retail desktops and laptops have this feature to restore back to factory condition. But if the recovery partition gets infected. You will end up with same problems after setting the computer back. This is why it was suggested you do a clean install of your OS.

Does your monitor have an ECO mode or similar energy saving mode where the screen might dim after a few seconds or minutes? If so, try to disable it.

However, my computer is still very slow. Any possible answers?
define SLOW, meaning what do you see to reach this conclusion?
Is your Browser slow, some application takes too long to start, or is it just a long time from boot until you see the desktop?
I keep losing connection to my internet multiple times
that's an internet connection issue, not slowness per se

I've wiped my computer, as well as installed
  • Bitdefender,
  • comodo firewall,
  • Malyware bites,
  • CC cleaner,
  • Spybot search and destroy
Verify Bitdefender firewall is OFF if you wish to use Comodo - - also ensure Windows FW is off. You can only run one Firewall and one Anti-Virus.

I found this elsewhere
Bought Bitdefender then had to delete it. Basically slowed my laptop down to a crawl. Switching between programs, watching videos and startup were all compromised.

Side note: Restoring the computer to factory settings doesn't remove any of the old files...or yeah some but not even close to half of them. If you want to really wipe the system do a 100% clean install (that includes formatting the hard drive).

As far as the network goes, it can be related to the router/modem ( I had that kinds of issues a while ago) or then the integrated network adapter might be broken. If you have an extra network adapter somewhere you could test it and see if it helps at all.

Back