Computer isnot receiving power, no cpu fan, no case fans, not booting

By 313Detroit
Aug 18, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I have built an asus A7V400-MX motherboard with a AMD Athlon 2800+ CPU (2x) 512K PC2700 RAM 80GB HD, DVD etc....

The problem I am having is that when I switch the power button on, the coputer does not recieve power. My mouse lights up which I assume means I have a connection from the PSU. I have checked and double checked the power switch wiring to the main board. I am not getting any fan action at all from case or CPU.

Originally I had a 350W PSU in the machine, but to be sure I replaced it with a 400W PSU. That had no effect.

This is a long shot but would it have anything to do with the DSW DIP switches I set to match the FSB freq. of the processor? The board came with a default of 100MHZ, but I set the DIP switches to 166.67MHz to match the 333Mhz FSB on the processor and RAM.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.