Computer issue, motherboard or CPU? Need help

By waterproof
Nov 12, 2010
Post New Reply

This is the screenshot of when I boot up my PC, I get this screen as it shown in the picture at the moment then it goes black but you can hear the computer is still running. At first I thought I had RAM issues, then I did testing on each ram stick, then found that was not. It's not the HDD because I tested both with the HDD and without it, same display. I thought it was my graphics card, so I decided to buy a new one, same issue.

**side note: I have no idea why my motherboard is displaying the wrong CPU ghz... I never overclocked or toy around my BIOS!

I disconnected my graphics card and connect your monitor to the onboard VGA connector and it goes pass the screenshot as shown and displays normal. So what's the real deal here, when I connect my graphics card, it goes black, without it, it goes through fine.. do I need a new motherboard or is there some other issue? Anyone know? would be great if there's feedback, thanks.

Also my specs are
    Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200

Gigabyte S-Series G31M-ES2L motherboard

4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM

(NEW ONEATI Radeon™ HD 5770) OLD ONE WAS 9600 GT
  2. DjKraid

DjKraid TS Guru Posts: 536   +21

Have you set the primary graphics adapter (in the BIOS) to PCI-E?
  3. waterproof

waterproof TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 207

I cant get into my bios as seen on the screenshot
  4. waterproof

waterproof TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 207

Where in the settings do I set that? and what numbers or what do I need to press?