Computer issues, possibly CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, first post here and I'm looking for advice for my uncle.
His problem started when he came to switch his computer on last week, before this it was problem free....

Basically when he turned it on the HDD led came on, so did the case lights and fans, but the computer did not boot, the monitor said there was no output. Also all the case lights were pulsing and the Power led never came on.

First thing we did was check and test the video card, which did not make a difference, next we tested some new memory but still no change.

Now in a process of elimination he purchased a new power supply and tested that, same results as before.

Next he picked up a new motherboard and we fitted that today, upon turning the power on we had both HDD & Power lights on, all fans fired up and all case lights but the lights were still pulsing and the computer still wont boot?

The only thing left to replace is the processor but i wanted to ask anyone if they thought this was likely to be the issue given the activity above.

Thanks in advance :)

Rich

So, the monitor never displays anything other than "NO SIGNAL" or similar? I would recommend clearing the CMOS on the board but that's probably unnecessary because he has a new one. Have you tried using a different video card, or did he recently try to update the drivers? Are there any beep codes upon startup?

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Absolutely nothing is happening on the monitor other than the no signal message, we tested a new video card that i had with the same result and also tested his video card in a system that i have spare and that was fine, he hasnt updated the drivers for the card either.

There are no beep codes on startup, and i did clear the CMOS just as an elimination process and that made no difference.

The thing that is strange to me is the pulsing of all the lights on the case, even the HDD and power led's.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back