Computer just powers down and restarts by itselt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like some help with this If anyone know. I have been trying to play games on this emachine. t2825. and after a while it will just click off power and reboot. I have tryed to contact emachine and they say to download the latest driver from ati. but that is not it. HELP. I dont know who else to turn too so I did a search and found this place.

thanks
victoria

Hmmm this is kinda a rare thing but first of all can you give me the specs of the machine?

Have you ever upgraded it?

Try downloading speedfan to monitor the temperatures of your CPU.

Some computers restart when the temperature hits a specific amount in order to protect it from overheating.

where do i find the specs????

I know that it is 2800+ 120gb 512mb. my son owned it before he gave it to me and he may have upgraded as he would play alot of online games on this machine.

Temperature sensor 0 68°C (154°F) [0x44] (TMPIN0)
Temperature sensor 1 51°C (123°F) [0x33] (TMPIN1)
Temperature sensor 2 55°C (130°F) [0x37] (TMPIN2)
Fan sensor 0 16 RPM [0x2A2A] (FANIN0)

Those are some pretty high temps... But it doesn't specify what they are from.

Can you download speed fan and write down wich speeds it detects on it? Also, tell me how many fans the computer has and what is the RPM. It says all that in speedfan.

Download speedfan from here:

http://www.almico.com/speedfan433.exe

i did download it and it is running where do i find the speed ? sorry to seem so stupid but i have been trying to fix this thing forever

when you start the program, on the main page it says the temperatures there and on the left side it says Fan 1 Fan 2 Fan 3 Fan 4 and the RPM next to it. Tell me how many RPM's it says.

Can you open the case of the computer and tell me if there is just one fan inside? Like only the CPU fan or is there any case fans?

Oh i forgot, before you do that, what are the temps. It says the temps in speedfan on the main page on the right. Tell me all of them please.

It says there:

CPU:
Ambient:
Remote:
Temp1:
Core:

What is the CPU temperature and the Core temperature?

on readings it just says left to right fan1 4018 and on right side temp 1 68c
fan 2 0 " temp 2 51c
fan 3 temp 3 64 c
hd0 40c

I dont see any ambient , remote, or core anywhere on this speedfan

Hmmm i see it depends on the mobo i think... But anyways those temps at idle are VERY high if the first is CPU then it restarts because it overheats.

Well i'm not really such a cooling expert but you could try to clean out the dust from your computer, take off the CPU fan and re apply the thermal paste, keep your case open, etc.

i will try that . with that speedfan program can i change anything on that to cool it down. I also would like to thank you so much. you have really helped me to better understand this ...

yours truly
victoria

No problem, I'm afraid not as powerfan is only to monitor temperatures. You could install more case fans if you have a place to put them. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back