Computer keeps crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer keeps crashing and I'm not sure what's causing it. I have tried everything I can think of. I have reinstalled windows, formated my hard drive, replaced my hard drive, updated bios, and reinstalled drivers, but nothing seems to help. It crashed randomly and for no aparent reason. It locks up completely allowing me to only move the mouse pointer vertically (in this situation the pointer sometimes becomes a square that changes colors). Sometimes it just reboots. One time it crashed leaving me with the blue screen error saying something about ati2dvag driver. I think that my graphics card or its drivers are causing the crashes, but I'm not sure. Please Help.

I did come across this link earlier, but I wasn't completely sure that this was the problem because I have only gotten that blue screen error once. Could the problem be anything else?

To be fair, it sounds like you've already explored most of the common issues that would be part of the troubleshooting process. It definitely sounds like either a bad hardware device (try unplugging printers, webcams, anything you don't need!).

Or yeah, follow the instructions for dealing with an Ati2dvag problem. I'm assuming your power supply is healthy? I remember in the past we were experiencing all kind of freaky crashes and it turned out to be the fan wasn't working hard enough and the computer was overheating to create mass chaos. Not fun!

To be fair, it sounds like you've already explored most of the common issues that would be part of the troubleshooting process. It definitely sounds like either a bad hardware device (try unplugging printers, webcams, anything you don't need!).

Or yeah, follow the instructions for dealing with an Ati2dvag problem. I'm assuming your power supply is healthy? I remember in the past we were experiencing all kind of freaky crashes and it turned out to be the fan wasn't working hard enough and the computer was overheating to create mass chaos. Not fun!

I don't think that heat is the problem because the temperature is the same as it always used to be, but thanks for the suggestion. I think that I'll try putting a different graphics card in and see if that solves the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back