Computer keeps crashing

By Dubstar
Sep 18, 2007
  1. Hi all!
    I wonder if someone could help me with this on going problem. My computer is quite new, prob about 6 months old, however, it keeps crashing, whenever I open a program, or whilst browsing online.

I have no idea what could be the cause of this, and have no thoughts on where I can identify the problem, can anyone suggest anything that i could do ?

I have managed to get the dmp files, I hope someone can give me some idea.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. common user

common user TS Rookie

the same problem here - Mini091807-02.dmp and i am helpless.i`m using my pc as a deejay-station and i feel very stupid when the pc stucks at the hotest point of the party
  3. milky

milky TS Enthusiast Posts: 85

Apparently this is a growing problem with vista. I just recently purchased a dell latitude with vista for a friend and after a couple of weeks he tells me that the laptop is freezing up after a few hours of use.
    I figured it was just a lack of memory since he only had 1GB (vista uses over 60% of that at idle) so we doubled his memory to 2GB and still had the same issue after a few hours use.
    so, I know its not a memory issue. It sounds like a bug with Vista. So I search the web for similar problems and find this thread at a similar forum with lots of other people having a freeze issue with vista:
    Some of these people solved their problem by switching SATA controllers.
    Unfortunately I don't think this will help me since they all have desktops and i am having this problem with a laptop.
    Although I have taken apart and repaired many laptops, I am hesitant to open this one up since it is not mine and it is brand new. Besides, I think it would be a waste of time since I would assume that there are no wired SATA connectors in a laptop. Please let me know if I am wrong about this.

Anyway, I will try disabling everything at startup except for a few necessities. If that fixes the freezing issue, I will start enabling 1 item at a time until I find the culprit.
  4. common user

common user TS Rookie

tanx milky.i was running <vista> on my laptop.<vista home basic>was installed when i bought it brand new.i have changed it to <winXP32sp2> because the programs i use were not running under <vista home basic>
    i have not marked the same problem with <vista>, or i don`t remember.i have
    used <vista> a few hours only, just to see "what is this".so, my *.dmp-problem exist under <winXP>.before installing it, i have formated the HDD.
    i am confused a lot.this morning when i start up my laptop, there was a blue sreen message telling me about some "hardwear malfunction" and "please contact your vendor".after restart, my laptop is working.i don`t know what will be the next are some details about my machine, in case it is helpfull for solving (or envolving:)) the problem:
    Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Li 1705

intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2450 2.00GHz
    1,75GB of RAM
    160GB SATA
    VIA Chipset, Chrome9 HCTM DX9
  5. Dubstar

Dubstar TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks guys, not sure what your responses had to do with my question, but anyways thanks.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.