Computer keeps freezing after log in

I use a Dell Vostro 1520 (Laptop)
RAM is 3GB
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T6570 @2.10 GHZ
Video Card: GeForce 9300M GS

To give a full story, around 2 months ago I would experience random fps lag spikes while playing games on my computer. I assumed it was my video card's driver. I updated it and it didn't solve the problem, so I just dealt with it. At some point it got really annoying and I checked my physical memory and it was at 60% after closing multiple programs. I had also noticed it took significantly longer to open any video or music files and my computer would occasionally freeze for quite a while. I then assumed it was malware, so I uninstalled any programs I no longer used and used Malwarebytes to scan my computer. It came up with some results, but nothing really appeared threatening. I still deleted all of them. No result was shown, so I used Avast anti-virus full scan and windows live essentials and deleted any threat that would appear. Still no progress was made and as of recently my computer will freeze in a few seconds after logging in. I read some forum posts with a similar problem and the solutions were usually to do with RAM or the video card driver, so I booted in safe mode (no problems) and disabled my video card. I then rebooted normally and that didn't solve the problem. I am assuming there the programs on my computer and no matter how many I uninstalled or closed in processes on task manager, I still end up with 70+ and 60% memory (when I could still use it)

The laptops cooling heatsink could be clogged with dust and animal hair...

Tried that and still can't log in but this time it doesn't freeze it just keeps spinning on welcome. I did remove the RAM and put it back in, but I can still go into safe mode so I don't think that is the problem. I have a copy of windows 7 I could use now, should I try that?

*UPDATE* Nvm sorry for not listening. I understand how annoying it is when you try to help someone and they go against your instructions by doing extra. My computer is up and running thanks to you.

Back