TechSpot

Computer keeps freezing to gray screen

By clover0820
Apr 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. It used to be only when I played CSS, but I was just on youtube.com today and went the bathroom, came back, and it was frozen. When it's frozen its a gray screen, I cant press crtl alt delete, i have to hold the power button down for about 10 seconds. I tried to clean out my vent because someone said the video card may be overheating? yeah... cant get the back of my laptop off to do that... Anyways, any help please?
    Oh and I remember this started happening about the time i installed google chrome if that has anything to do with this.. prob not but its a try lol..
    kk please and thankyou.

2. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

I'm going to close this thread as you have another one identical in the correct forum already. It'll only confuse replies otherwise.

For anyone reading this, the post you can read and reply to is here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic164467.html

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.