Computer keeps freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm new to the forums, and i couldn't find where to post this, so i just decided to do it here....

First of all my specs...
  • Asus Rampage Mobo (came with the SupremeFx II Sound card, so im using it)
  • Q9550 (stock speeds)
  • Artic Pro 7 cooler
  • 2 x 2GB OCZ Reaper PC8500 (stock speed which is 800mhz not 1600 as advertised)
  • Sapphire Radeon HD3870 Toxic Edition (factory oc)
  • 2 x 250gb Seagate Barracuda ES.2 (took off the jumpers)
  • Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit

The computer keeps freezing at random times, at first i thought i had done something bad while overclocking, but now everything is set on auto, and it keeps freezing.... then i thought it was a bad memory stick, well i checked them using windows tools, the are both working fine... Then i thought it was a bad driver, so i reinstalled windows and all the drivers as well, but as you can imagine it did not work... The first time it froze i was uploading a video in youtube, so i rebooted the machine and tried it again, the same thing happened ... Then after reinstalling everything this time i was able to upload two videos without having problems, but after a couple of minutes of glory, it stopped working....

I am really confuse, how can the computer stand 17 hours of the torturte test (passing every single test) and the just freeze when is not doing anything at all...

please let me know if you have any ideas...

thank you..

go into the bios and set all to the default and go from there, try each mem. stick separate.

ok thanks 4 the reply.... i just used the ccmos button, so everything is on default now, do i just simply take out of stick of ram??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back