TechSpot

Computer keeps restarting

By zinny
Oct 16, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i'm fixing a computer for a friend of mine and it keeps restarting randomly whilst he uses it. i've copied the minidump files below so i'm hoping someone could tell me what it is that's causing this problem as i'm not 100% sure how to correctly read these logs.
    I've initially thought it was an over heating problem so i replaced the power supply and i'm pretty sure its not a ram issue, but the problem still persists. New RAM was put in a few months ago but has been working fine.

The computer has been working fine until recently.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Inside the three MiniDumps:

Try Memtest on your Ram
  3. gguerra

gguerra TS Enthusiast Posts: 559

It could be bad RAM or some software problem such as a driver. Boot it up in safe mode and use it to see if still happens, if it does I would consider replacing the RAM again. If it does not than there is definetely some software/OS issue.
  4. teddii

teddii TS Rookie

my computer just randomly restarts while im on it.. When I click view error this is what it says..

The files that caused the dump are:
    Temp\WERF104.dir001/mini092308_05.dmp
    Temp\WERF104.dir001/sysdata.xml

I believe I also had another one that was
    WER8a45.dir00/mini0918_04dmp

ALSO now It goes blue and I see things like oxoooooooa or oxooooooo8 and when I turn the computer on it says

Windows cannot find

this computer I use for school and cant afford a new one right now so please if anyone can help please please please help me.
  5. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

teddii you need to create your own thread just for you
    Do not reply to someone elses thread for support
    Also, Do not duplicate your posts (your second exactly same post here, now removed)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.