Computer 'Lagging'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexli

Hi,

I've been recently having an issue with my PC that has got me completly stumped.

When it's been turned on for around 30 minutes everything becomes extremely laggy, sound, picture, mouse, until nothing will either open or close. Task manager wont open, I cant shut down/reboot ect ect.

After a hard reset it will take around 10 minutes to get past the windows loading screen and 9 times ouit of 10 i will have the same problem (mouse lagging everywhere until nothing will open) if i get that far. Sometimes to fix the issue i have to hard reset the PC and unplug power to the machine, and i usually leave it for around 10 minutes and then it boots up its fine. Although this doesnt fix it 100% of the time and sometimes it's just down to pot luck.

If i check the event viewer i can see an entry just before i have the problem that says ;

"Event 4, Kernel-Processor-Power" (one for each core)

I've searched around for anything that could shed any light on this problem and have found nothing, so i thought i would bring it here.

PC Spec

Windows Ultimate x32
2x 8800GTX
2GB RAM
Q6600 @ 3.00ghz
nForce 780i SLI

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Lee.

I forgot to mention that when it's rebooted and working correctly it will work for hours so i'm not sure it's my CPU overheating.

I'll check it anyway though.

Thanks for the comment.

While checking both with sensor readouts and looking inside for dust, etc, I suggest you also check all connections.

You might want to run a ram test program after everything else.

Try running in safe mode to see if the same happens, if it doesnt it may be malware. Scan and clean in safe mode with malwarebytes and superantispyware

Since i made this topic i've taken my PC to work and given it a blast of our engineers air compressor to clear out all the dust and this seems to have done the trick (touch wood). Apart from 1 or 2 random lock ups the 'laggyness' has gone. Thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back