Computer locking up / freezing + mouse becoming unresponsive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I have yet to go home & try everything it says on the "before you post your minidumps" post.

But I thought I'd get anyone's thoughts on my problem before doing so to see if any of you had any suggestions on top of what I'm going to do with the topic above.

I purchased my computer in Mid 2008. You can see my specs in my profile. Since I installed Windows 7 and re-formatted things have been running great. Up until 5 weeks ago which is when the computer would power on but wouldn't start the boot up process & the monitor would remain black. I would then press reset and it would kick into gear & go to windows. I would be moving around for about 4 or 5 minutes and the system would lock / freeze and nothing was responsive (no Ctrl Esc, no Ctrl Alt Delete, nothing). After waiting for 10 minutes thinking it was loading or something I would restart again.

This process happens on a regular basis. It almost sees like if I leave it after start up for 5 minutes before I move the mouse or click anything I can use my computer like I want to for awhile, but if I get up for 20 and it goes into sleep mode, when I press space bar to get my PC back up the mouse doesn't work but everything else does. I've downloaded the mouse driver and tried unplugging and plugging it back in but to no avail I have to restart to get my mouse working again.

Any thoughts?...

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to read about my problem.

Sincerely,

Kelly Ehlers
eBay Top Seller Account Manager
1-866-323-3229 ext 51438
Mon-Fri 7:00-3:30 MST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back