Computer loses sound at start up

Hi all.

The computer that I was just given keeps losing sound everytime that I reboot it. And the only way that I can fix this is to uninstall the drivers for the sound and then, upon reboot, reinstall the sound drivers.

What is it that is causing this and what can I do to fix this? Thanks

Can you be more specific and give us your system specs ???

What mobo, is this onboard sound ? thx gl,

I really don't know much about what this pc is running because it was given to me and it has been pieced together from other computers.

I can tell you however that when I go to the device manager what I uninstall and then reinstall is listed as Creative SB Audigy as well as Unimodem half-duplex audio device. It only works though when I uninstall the drivers for both and then restart it.

Hope this helps

That's an "add-on" board (it's not part of the motherboard). Try the Creative site HERE
> The instructions to identify the device
> Then try the drivers on their site for the device

Belarc is of limited use in this case. M/b specs are helpful for onboard audio. (One can then look up the m/b and determine what sound card is onboard)

For off-board/addon audio cards, you're best to get specs from the mfr when possible, in this case Creative. (also, Belarc would only display the same audio device names OP is already seeing in Device Mgr.)

The Creative support site
> Provides instructions on how to identify the model number of Creative products
> And provides drivers to download based on the Creative model #

Belarc is of limited use in this case. M/b specs are helpful for onboard audio. (One can then look up the m/b and determine what sound card is onboard)

For off-board/addon audio cards, you're best to get specs from the mfr when possible, in this case Creative. (also, Belarc would only display the same audio device names OP is already seeing in Device Mgr.)

The Creative support site
> Provides instructions on how to identify the model number of Creative products
> And provides drivers to download based on the Creative model #

Thanks.

Back