Computer lost power and restarts few mins after finish booting into windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerolegacy

Hi,

I am having this weird problem lately. whenever a new day starts when I try to switch my computer on, it will automatically lose its power and restarts itself few minutes after finish booting into windows.

However, when I manually turn off the power and boot it up again, it is working like normal without any restarts for the rest of the day. may I know what may have caused it from your experiences?

Also, something special happened today (I actually see a blue screen from this reboot and I will post the minidump here)

Really appreciate if you could solve my problem...
I am having latest drivers,bios, and latest updates from microsoft.

I am using windows xp sp3 32bit, nvidia gtx 285 graphics card, gigabyte ex-58 ud4p mobo

Attachments

• Mini032010-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 3
Its a 0x8E error pointing at USBPORT.SYS.

Please open Device Manager, by right clicking on my computer, then going to properties, then to hardware tab.

Thoroughly review all the USB related listings see whether it is reporting any errors.

Also check what USB devices you have attached at the time of boot.

check every component already. it is working properly... i only have my mouse and keyboard in the usb port. nothing have changed since i bought the computer..

also, the problem is whenever i on the computer(first time for the day), it will automatically restarts few minutes after loading into windows and i have to manually restart it for it to be running normally...

if i just leave it there, it will give me a blue screen with nothing in it.. just pure blue coloured screen

When was the last time you cleaned out your PC? It would be good idea to clean it out with an air canister and also clean your RAM modules.

If that doesn't help; it ought to be a hardware issue IMHO.

Two places to look at first would be your RAM and motherboard.

Download memtest, let it run for at least 8 passes (more is better); see whether it catches any RAM errors.

If you have multiple RAM modules (and if memtest catch some errors), then next step would be to run memtest again by on one module each at a time, and try to isolate the faulting module.

i just did cleaning 2weeks ago.. hmm... it was 3months the last time i did a memtest.. will do it again now and see if there are any errors...

thanks for the advice =)

memtest shows no error..

also, i look closely and realise my anti malware sf ad-aware didn managed to load and my computer got restarted... have uninstalled that program today, will update if it solved this problem.. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back