TechSpot

Computer makes 2 second beep after I turn on every 5-10 seconds

By Bigtymer5
Jun 17, 2008
  1. I recently removed my video card then put it back in, changed nothing else, and now when I turn on my computer, I get no display on my monitor. And it makes a 2 second beep every 10 seconds or so. Im not sure what to do in this case, so if anyone could help that'd be awesome. Thanks in advance

2. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,423   +7

That means you either have an incompatible card
    or it's not plugged in right.
    Read you Motherboard manual.Did you buy the right slot type ?

3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,480   +233

Was the computer off while you did this? Have you double checked to make sure it is properly seated in the slot? What card and motherboard do you have?

4. Bigtymer5

Bigtymer5 TS Rookie Topic Starter

the card is an ati radeon, not sure what type, and ive used it before, at the time i didnt have an svg to vga adapter, so i removed the video card and tried using the onboard one, and the beeping started, i got an adapter finally, the video card is plugged in fine to the pci express slot with an extra power source connected to it, and it still makes the beeping sound, so im guessing something happened when i took out the card?

5. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,423   +7

I see

Yes you are sure confuseing your old motherboard.Sorry to say but,
    You don't seem to have the right hardware and a motherboard manual.
    Also a cd with installations after the OS is installed like,
    vga and usb2,then your video card or internal drivers.
    Best to got to ATI instead of the cd drivers.Start with drivers only install.

6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,480   +233

Try removing and reinstalling the graphics driver.

7. OhMehGoBbqSauce

OhMehGoBbqSauce TS Rookie

Or unplug every thing and replug it back in. Or remove your ram than put it back in. Or make sure every thing is plugged in right. < Happened to me before. >

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.