Computer makes sound and shuts off after seconds of turning it on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

My computer recently has had some software/hardware issue and I need help on fixing it. What happened was I replaced a cell battery in it after I had first heard the sound. Soon after I had put on Artic Silver and the problem was still occuring. I have considered Geeksquad but they are quite expensive and I do not want to go to such lengths just yet. My computer was custom built so I'm not sure if any specific settings were added in or something. As far as my Computer specs go these are what they are:

8800GT Nvidia Graphics Card
Intel Desktop Board DQ35J0
X-Fi Sound Card
4GB Ram
500GB Hard Drive {Seagate}

If there is anything else needed to be known about this problem please do let me know. Also I had a keyboard malfunction where it had been typing the wrong keys if you can also help me with this please do post. I do have reason to believe its mainly a power failure but I do not know how to replace/fix it.

Thanks in advance!

You left out a couple pieces of information... the power supply specs and what the actual noise sounds like :)

You left out a couple pieces of information... the power supply specs and what the actual noise sounds like :)

Well from what the sticker on the power box says it is:
Power Man
Model - S3G0AQ2-0
350W OUTPUT

Hopefully that helps also, the sound it makes it just a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP sound hah. Sorry if I cannot be to further assistance.

any progress with this?

if you do decide to go with another power supply (and it's a good idea since I've never even heard of Power Man) I'd probably just go with the Corsair 450w model since it doesn't cost too much more and also has a rebate available. you also don't get the exact wattage, and i don't recommend any custom computer has under 400w, so 450w is safer imo.

I thought 1 long "BEEEEEEEEEEP" didn't necessarily mean that the PSU had failed. I thought that that was post failure...(!)...(?)

By all means though, buy a new PSU, "Power Man" sounds only marginally better than a pair of Chinese AA alkalines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back