TechSpot

Computer not booting properly! Monitor stays on stand-by!!

By Norak
Dec 13, 2005
  1. Today, I woke up to my dad asking for help with booting up my computer. I thought it was just a small problem, like the power wasn't on, but it turned out to be something that I don't even know what it is or how to fix it!

When I boot up my computer, the monitor stays on standby, and the keyboard isn't on either. The only things that turn on are the mouse and the actual computer. I checked the cables, and everything was fine. I tested the monitor that I was using with my other computer and it worked.

I turned the power off, and had a look in my case. Everything was right, nothing looked out of the ordinary. I tried booting it up again, and that's when I noticed the hex of the motherboard. It was stuck at 26, when it usually goes to FF. I quickly got out my trusty manual, and it said that 26 was reserve.

I am stuck. I am using a Jetway AGP 939-pin motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 3000+ CPU, Radeon 9550 (which is AGP), 512 mb RAM, a 350 w power supply, a 120 gb hdd, a DVD-RW burner and an A:/. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.