Computer not starting, multi colored screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok well what a weekend i had...had to deal with that earthquake and that damn power outage for 17 hours. but my problem is when starting up my computer after the power came back on, my screen just showed all these colored boxes on the screen...alot of them. i have a feeling the power doesnt work because my dvd drive and cd rom drive doesnt open when the computer is on. and note that when starting my computer all lights on the computer turns on.

the one thing i am not sure of is if my computer took in water, because it was such a humid day w/o any electricity i opened the window behind my computer. it rained a little and the screen got a little wet but from what i observed my computer did not. but it definetly could be a possibility.

if something got damaged would any of you have an idea with what i would have to replace?

but wouldnt that not let the computer stay on?
my computer will stay on that screen w/ alot of small multi colored rectangles till i manually turn off the computer.

and thanks for the tip rik
any more thoughts would be appreciated

ok well it must have been a bad connection on my monitor or something because i was trying to test the monitor on my laptop then i tried it back on my desktop and now it works.

thanks rik for your help.
really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back