TechSpot

Computer occasionally restarts itself on left-click

By Harry_Beast
Nov 25, 2007
  1. I recently reformatted hard drive-reloaded WINXPhome and all appropriate drivers-system okay--Then I installed 3dmark5 and rivatuner
    I bumped up core to 500 from 300 --what I was using before format.
    That was 2days ago--now computer has rebooted itself 3 times today--always when I left click on something---the last time I was just deleting mail!!
    Also screen froze when I ran 3dmark5---which it did before format-(reason I did Format)But-I used to be able to run the benchmark to completion with no problem.
    The mobo is AsusP4s8x card GF6600gt
    Any advice will be appreciated!!

2. Harry_Beast

Harry_Beast TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 76

Problem solved

I turned off the auto-start on critical error and got the Blue Screen of Death
    That error message indicated a hardware problem.
    I had recently reformatted my hard drive and downloaded the current drivers for my vid card---So now I used the disc that came with the card and loaded the drivers from there--problem solved!
    I also had a floating error message :sync not in range!-downloaded the proper driver my my monitor--problem solved!
    So--if you learn by your mistakes--I am getting a real edjamacation!!(lol)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.