Computer power supply question

Hello, im currently working on building a new computer, the PSU I got unfortunantly only has 1x6pin PCI wire but the graphics card I wish to get require's 2. I was wondering if any one could help me with this situation. any advice would be nice.
Computers specs listed below.

Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM Memory x2
650 WATT Power supply Alpine Black 650 WATT Silent Quiet PC ATX PSU
CiT Mars Midi Tower Part-Mesh Computer Gaming Case with 2 x Red LED Fans & LED Display
ASRock B75 Pro3-M Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel B75, DDR3, S-ATA 600, Micro ATX
Intel Sandybridge i5-2400 Core i5 Quad-Core Processor (3.10GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155
Using a HD and CD-D from previous computer.

Many thanks :)

That's an absolutely horrendous PSU, return it and get a decent Antec/Corsair/XFX unit. It should tell you something that a PSU apparently rated at 650W only has one PCI-E connector, I.e. it's bad quality and won't output anywhere near 650W.

Out of interest what GPU do you have?

If you are not using two of your HDD/DVD 4-pin power you can use them with a 4-pin to 6-pin adapter that should come with your graphics card. This should work for the second 6-pin power connector with the graphics card. If the rating are correct, the supply will output 650W's. Power output though doesn't say anything for the quality of build or components used. Even though the PSU does output 650W's, the output may not be as clean as it should be.

PSU Ratings:
  • +3.3V = 22A which would equate to 72.6W's
  • +5V = 34A which would equate to 170W's
  • +12V = 36A which would equate to 432W's
  • -12V = 0.5A which would equate to 6W's
  • +5VSB = 2.0A which would equate to 10W's
Totaling at 690W's

Power ratings don't signify the quality of output or how long that output can be maintained and are sometimes falsified. The only thing I can suggest is to look up reviews on any product (not just PSU's) that you may be wanting to purchase. After reading a few reviews (I'm talking about site reviews not consumer reviews) on the product you should have a better understanding of how the product will perform for you. And if you have any questions about the product, there are many people happy to help with your questions here at TechSpot.

Dont know much about power supplys. but how about the Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK Builder Series 600W Power Supply ? would if have the wires I need for 2 6pin GPU ?

Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK Builder Series 600W Power Supply ? would if have the wires I need for 2 6pin GPU ?
Yes it does, there are two 6-pin+2-pin. The +2-pin would clip onto the 6-pin making it 8-pin if needed.

In fact thats the one I currently have myself. The Corsair CX series is a re-branded PSU from a lesser quality PSU maker. I found this out the hard way, when I thought I was buying a Corsair PSU.

Corsair's CX and GS series aren't bad, but not really the best either. For the price I guess they're ok though.

Your best bets in the 500-600W range are the Antec HCG's, Corsair TX V2's, Corsair HX (bit more expensive) or any Seasonic/XFX PSU.

Back