Computer powers up with out ATX switch connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a INTEL 865G S.478 800FSB DDR MOTHERBOARD OEM to stick in a Dell 4600 case, as the motherboard went bad. I do some searching to find the manual and such only to find out its a Emachines board. Didn't like that fact, but thought oh well its a cheap board.

Problem I'm having is that it powers on by its self without any atx power switch connected. I have tried a different power supplys and same results. If I shut the system down by using windows shutdown then it wont start unless I unplug the power supply and wait a minute. It briefly starts and stops, about 5 seconds later it powers up completely . There are no cards installed in the system yet.
I went into the bios and made sure everything was set correctly. Thinking its a bad Motherboard. I have never seen a board power itself on with out the atx power switches hooked up to the motherboard. So it can't be a case switch, as they are not hooked up. Any help would be great.

Dell front panels are usually proprietary, it's likely that it isn't working correctly due to incorrect pin to plug pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back