Computer programs freezing

I just bought a Windows 7 a couple months ago but am now having issues with it: all my computer programs keep freezing when I start to type. First, my itunes would freeze but eventually it fixed itself, but the internet began freezing. Finally that stopped freezing and my internet began freezing etc. Now my Office Word is the program freezing. I cannot seem to figure out what is causing this please help!

This is often a symptom of hardware failure - most typically the Ram, but can be several things. Some can be tested - for instance Ram can be tested with memtest86, hard drive can be tested with the manufacturers test suit - download from the m/f site. If you have no idea what sort of HDD it is, download belarc advisor http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

If your PC comes from a major manufacturer there will always be a test suite already installed - read the manual for how to start them - often by pressing a function key at boot time. Those tests will take you through everything else - keyboard, memory, network, video.

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: HP G62 Notebook PC
Rating: 3.3U T4500 @2.30 GHz 2.30 GHz
RAM: 3 GB
System Type: 64 bit operating system

Ok thus that may not be RAM usage as 3GB is largely enough for the program you mentioned. As gbhall said it may be due to a hardware failure maybe the RAM or Hard disk drive. You may try a memtest for the RAM to be fix.

Here is your built-in testing https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc...dlc=fr&cc=emea_africa&product=4226609&lang=fr

I also offer the following recommendations.

If your laptop is within the warranty period, start the RTV process immediately.
If it is outside the warranty, start a process in which you make clear to HP that you expect a free repair if it turns out your PC has a known hardware fault, such as keyboard chip failure.
Look for a user forum covering your PC with a view to finding fellow sufferers of the same symptom, so as to be able to pressurise HP as appropriate.
Your symptom might be malware, and it would help your case if you could prove you have done exhaustive malware testing - see our forum on that subject.

Good luck

Back