Computer random crashes during gaming

great919

Well when I am playing games mostly Warcraft and most recently World of Conflict my computer will just turn it self shut down
During this I have to restart which then leads to blue screen, then another restart the windows repair screen. after all this returns to normal, I try to play again, and once again it just crashes after a few minutes of gameplay.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? it's quite irriating as I've had this issue for few months now. I've already updated my drivers and cleaned my computer.
these are my specs

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    32.4 KB · Views: 3
Does this only happen when gaming/gaming online? Open up your side case panel. Is there any dust build-up? Also...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Both and yeah i've just left my side panel open now, i thought it might reduce chances of overheating and well nope their is no dust at all.

i believe minidumps are disabled on my computer so i have none.

I believe this will work with Vista -Enabling Minidump Files:

1. Go to the Control Panel, choose 'System And Security', and then click 'System', and then click the 'Advanced System Settings' link.

2. In the opened window, click the 'Advanced' tab and then inside the 'Startup And Recovery' frame, click the 'Settings' button.

3. In the opened 'Startup And Recovery' window, there is 'Write Debugging Information' section. You should set the combo-box in this section to 'Small memory dump', and then click 'ok' to confirm the change.

You are going to have to have another crash in order to create the dumps.

My Memorydumps won't re enable and i'm not sure why
each time i set it doesn't appear to save what i chose?

I have permissions, it just doesn't seem to save my changes i even unchecked automatic restart and all that, and it just doesn't save. the changes i make?

Ok finally got memory dumps

Attachments

• 080511-27284-01.dmp
    140.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 080511-55770-01.dmp
    140.1 KB · Views: 1
Both errors are 0x21A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED
This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Windows can’t run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.

Have you experienced an infection recently?

Do you have your Windows Disk?

Go to Packard Bell's website, find your exact model and update to the latest wireless/networking drivers that they offer. Do you gain stability?

Your telling me this may be caused by a virus? I've had McAfee and the normal windows security essentials running perfectly for the last few months and haven't picked anything up?

So if is a virus how do i get rid of it?

i've updated so i guess i'll see how it goes :)

No, I am not saying you have a virus/infection but in light of the error code and definition it is a fair question. By the way, there are much better security solutions than McAfee.

If you are infected we have a great forum here that can help you. :grinthumb

For antivirus: Avast or NOD32. The Avast free is actually quite good and updates twice daily. However, I purchased the Avast $ version for my wife's laptop because she is virtually clueless to all things tech. :D I also love the interface.

I personally run NOD32 on my main rig; have so for several years. It has a light footprint (i.e. doesn't take up much resource). They do not have a free version.

For malware: SuperantiSpyware and Malwarebytes. Both have free versions and work well with the above mentioned anitviruses.

We won't know that until we know that you are not infected. You could download both malwarebytes and SAS for free and run them.

Do you have your Windows OS disk? You might need to do a Windows Repair (it isn't hard to do so).

Well I had yet another crash so I've got both SaS and Malwarebytes running a full scan

here is the latest memory dump

Attachments

• 080511-27284-01.dmp
    140.1 KB · Views: 1
Same 0x21a error and though nothing definitive was cited as the cause the Windows OS driver smss.exe was mentioned in the dump.

This definition is not from me but it is clear and concise as to what this driver does. When you look at the definition that causes this error you can see how they are related:

This isn't a virus. If you've installed the service pack, that file automatically gets installed with your system, no biggy. Smss stands for Session Manager SubSystem. In other words, this program is responsible for controlling sessions on your computer, which will help to stable and secure your computer. It's a critical system process, which means taskmanager can't stop it.

So, do you have your Windows OS disk or recovery disks?

I see. Well i got this on blue screen

"stop: c000021a {fatal system error } The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x0010037c)
The system has been shut down.

And nope i have neither.

This may take awhile as I am researching to see if we can somehow run a Windows Repair without the disk.

Back