Computer random shutdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenidon

It may seem a little strange but my computer is pretty much all new stuff and will playing MMO games it will randomly shutdown. It is really starting to irritate me for I like to play with friends of mine. I have no idea what could be causing it so has anyone had experience with this type of problem and if so could you tell me what you did to fix it and thank you.

To be clear, what kind of shutdown are you talking about. Does the PC shut off completely? Does it kick back to the Desktop? Do you get a bluescreen?

We need the brand and model, or the motherboard if a home built. It would be helpful to know the power supply, hard drive, memory, and then the age of the system.
Some commercially made desktops have habits and operational factor... so more information gives us helpful clues to help you.
As Mailpup suggests, give us as much descriptive information about the failure as you can... what you are doing when it quits... What is your internet connection if any.
We will have some useful suggestions after we hear from you.

First of all it is homemade i bought the parts and me and a friend put it together. I have AMD Athlon(tm) 64X2 Dual Core 5200+, a Roswill 600W power supply, an ASRock A780LM motherboard, and Radeon HD 3870. I forgot to mention it is a complete shutdown with no blue screen or anything.

The temperature is fine and the weird part is it doesn't happen with any other type of game that I play. It is just a very strange thing that it will only happen when playing an MMO.

Can you borrow a video graphics card for a test... the Radeon HD 3870 could be the problem.

Otherwise, I am betting on the ASRock... which is the second most troublesome motherboard we have seen.

There is nothing wrong with the video card so what have been the problems with the motherboard that could cause something like this it just has me confused. I thank all of you for all of your input on the problem.

You never know. We see almost as many failed ASRock motherboards in our shop as we do failed eMachines.
I have read speculations that a few ASRock boards tend to curl, breaking circutry, under heat. Whatvere it is, if it is the motherboard, it is not repairable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back